Ugrás a menühöz.Ugrás a keresődobozhoz.Ugrás a tartalomhoz.

420.95 KB
2008-03-31 14:25:42
 Gelsesziget - Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve) - Hatvan, CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998.jpg

Nyilvános Nyilvános

• The settlement lies 14 km north from Nagykanizsa. The small island in the middle of the former Kanizsa stream used to be called \'Island\' belonging earlier to Magyarszerdahely. Favourable geographical conditions attracted people here in the earliest times. The first written mention of the settlement comes from 1320. After the Turks occupied the fort of Kanizsa the defenders of the fort built a small fortification in Gelsesziget which still existed in 1700.
• The area later became the estate of several noble families. After the emancipation of serfs a new comparatively rich middle peasant class emerged. The development of the settlement was encouraged by railway line building and the vicinity of Nagykanizsa. The villagers\' main source of income is agriculture though many people commute to the neighwuring Nagykanizsa and work in its factories and on building sites.
• There is one Ltd and eight small entrepreneurs in the village. 5 of them work in the service industry. Most of the inhabitants are Roman Catholic.
• Municipality address:
8874 Gelsesziget, Fő út 48.
Phone: (93) 360-022
Mayor: Győző Magyar
• Population: 274
• The infrastructure is well developed in the settlement. 90% of the apartments have running water, garbage collection is organised, 20 % of the flats are on the phone, 60 % of the flats are connected to the sewage system. Among the institutions we should mention its library, leisure centre and sportsfields.

This text came from the following book:

Title: Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve)
Series: County handbooks of Hungary (Magyarország megyei kézikönyvei)
Chief editor: Hóbor József
Publisher: (Hatvan), CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998
ETO: 908.439.121(035) ; 050.8(439.121)
ISBN: 963-9089-18-2
Pages: 488-1040 p.
Remark: Closed on: 1998. márc. 31.